Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Five Years Later

Wednesday marks the fifth anniversary of the publication for my first novel, Spell of Entrapment. I can’t believe it’s been five years already. Sometimes, it only seems like yesterday. Other times, it feels as though I’ve muddled through an eternal stretch of time, making next to no progress on my literary journey whatsoever. It’s been an interesting period at least. I just can’t believe I’ve pumped out eight books in this time.

I wouldn’t have ever gotten to this point without the help of a dear friend, Sean Sweeney. He took me in as the newb I was, told me to ditch my efforts at traditional publication, and just put that first book online. My nerves rattled me of course. How was I to ever get Embekah, Patrew, Tarbra, and Halscrad all to an audience without going through the proper gateways. Indie publishing was still a relatively new industry, or at least it seemed so to me. I put it up online, talked about it on my various channels, and watched as eighteen copies of that first book went out by the end of the month.

Over the next five years, more books turned up. Speed Demons arrived in August of 2012. Optical Osmosis was my lone release of 2013. Interstellar Dad and A Mage Among Trolls brought me much joy in 2014. 2015 saw Interstellar Dad #2: The Battle at Stellar Daycare and Fire in the Forest. 2016 offered publication to Interstellar Dad #3: Mass Reproduction. I built up a small but loyal audience and kept putting words to the page.

It is to that audience that I say thank you so much for joining me on this journey. I couldn’t do this without you. Let’s make the next five years even better than the last. You will join me on this journey, won’t you?

Be sure to sign up for my newsletter so you can stay up to date with all of my goings-on!

No comments:

Post a Comment